Pages

Twitter

Saturday, May 22, 2010

June Brides?

I know I haven't updated about my job search so I'll do that later. But first, I want to talk about a topic that has been on my mind for a while.

Well it's been five years since I've graduated high school and I see more and more of my old friends and aquaintances from high school getting married. I haven't taken a walk down the aisle yet but it's not for a lack of relationship. Life kind of got in the way so things have just gotten stagnant in that area. I've been in the same relationship for almost 7 years (it'll be 7 years June 4th) and we're happy even though we aren't married. That isn't to say that I don't want to get married and I actually do think of it quite a bit like any other woman. My significant other and I know we will get married it's just a matter of when. Mostly, it's a monetary issue and we thought it'd be good to wait until after college. Now that we're graduating, we have nothing else holding us back which is kind of funny. So now what's ahead? A wedding of course!

I decided that even though I'm not getting married on any set date that I would go ahead and plan it. To be honest, we want to keep our anniversary the same date so I will be getting married on June 4th. The fact of the matter is, the only dates that June 4th will be on the weekend is in 2011, 2016, and 2017. We could choose to sign the papers on June 4th and have our wedding ceremony + reception later on but I really don't want to do that. Technically there is nothing wrong with that but for my own personal preference, I don't want the dates on my wedding items being different. Then again I wouldn't mind having the wedding in the middle of the week on June 4, 2013. An upside to this possibility would that it would reduce the amount of guests that attended.

Possible Wedding Dates: June 4th in 2011, 2013, 2016, or 2017.

Like I mentioned before, I am not like other soon-to-be brides. I know that I am getting married someday and I have control over the date even though I have no ring yet. So I can begin preparing in advance. I'll be aiming for a year from now but reasonably three years from now. It'll be cute, my 10th anniversary becoming my wedding date :) I like it!

Stay tuned for more of my ideas as I begin planning this wedding. I plan on doing most of the stuff myself (DIY fun!) mostly because I want it to be really special and also I hope to plan on a reasonable budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment